Foster growth in the areas of Education, Income, and Health to impact the greater communities we serve.
Maintaining Trust & Accountability
United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County (UWLLC) will work continually to maintain the trust of stakeholders associated with the organization. In addition, UWLLC will operate efficiently and transparently while utilizing resources in a manner to support the strategic goals of the organization. Quarterly financial statements will be presented to and reviewed by the governing body. Annual audits will receive unqualified opinions and UWLLC will comply with all IRS governance standards. UWLLC will continue to invest in future forward technology to support donor preferences for electronic giving. UWLLC will continue to establish and carry out best practices ensuring the highest standards of fiscal accountability and transparency.
United Way strives to be a model of diversity and inclusion. Our partnerships, volunteer recruitment and funding decisions reflect many faces, cultures and walks of life that proudly make up Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Raising and Distributing Funds
United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County’s annual campaign will continue to support the overall organization by working to grow the donor base, increase participation within the campaign, further engage with existing donors and advocate for the impact these dollars make within the community. UWLLC will continue to partner with both the public and private sectors to increase support for our key focus areas.
Collective Impact Goals
Education: By 2022, 90 percent of high school students will graduate on time.
Income: By 2022, the percentage of Lancaster County’s population living within 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Line will be reduced from 35 percent to 30 percent
Health: By 2022, the local Well-Being Index score will improve from 62.5 to 63.5
Building Community Awareness & Understanding
United Way will enhance its brand reputation, formalize the brand framework, and create an extensive and accurate customer knowledge base to guide its work
- By 2022, 70 percent of individuals surveyed will say that United Way energizes them and inspires them to get involved
- Build awareness of United Way’s Impact Framework, partnerships and results to drive sustainable positive change
- Build brand ambassador program
- Engage social media influencers
- Position ourselves as donor’s first choice for giving
- Conduct annual constituent survey
- Create an annual, targeted marketing plan
- Increase brand visibility within community through traditional and social channels
Convening & Partnering for Impact
Through collective, focused action, we will advance the common good in our community and create opportunities for a better life for all.
- Convene the community around our collective impact goals in areas of Education, Income and Health
- Facilitate collaboration to achieve community impact goals
- Leverage strategic partnership with other community investors
- Utilize Results-Based Accountability™ to benchmark and demonstrate improvements in outcomes
- Strategically engage donors in funding decisions
- Increase alignment towards results-based funding
- Continue to invest in community-based planning and measurements to integrate with other community efforts (ie – Vital Signs, Prosper Lincoln, Nebraska Children and Families Foundation, etc.)
Cultivating Deeper Constituent Relationships
People, organizations and institutions will be engaged in United Way’s work.
- Deepen and broaden the engagement of corporate and individual donors in our work
- By 2022, 50 of the top 100 corporate supporters will be engaged in volunteerism
- By 2022, the number of people connected to volunteer opportunities will increase by 50 %
- Engage with 10 organization to become their full-service community engagement partner
- Increase organizational capacity
- Establish corporate initiative for targeted giving paired with volunteer engagement
- Explore additional affinity groups to increase donor engagement
- Deepen engagement with millennials through targeted opportunities that build brand loyalty and expand professional development