Residents who need help with home cleanup, cutting trees, removing drywall, insulation, flooring, furniture and appliances or other physical labor-type jobs, can call the Crisis Clean Up hotline at 833-566-2476 to get on a needs list.
Resources Specifically for Farmers/Ranchers:
Nebraska Farm Bureau: Nebraska Farm Bureau Agriculture Disaster Exchange
Provides opportunity to support Nebraska farmers, ranchers and rural communities affected by the disasters
- Give money
- Sell or donate extra hay
- Forum for folks to ask for help (equipment, labor, etc.)
Nebraska Department of Agriculture:
- Multiple resources: http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/resources/index.html
- Hay and Forage Hotline: 402-471-4876 to connect buyers with sellers of hay, pasture, etc.
American Red Cross
Salvation Army of Omaha, Nebraska
https://www.registertoring.com/; search for Omaha, NE
(Ignore references about bell ringing; this is about volunteering for flood relief)
- Nebraska State Highway Patrol is available for motorists in need; dial *55 from any cell phone
- Dial 511 for up-to-date travel conditions and/or visit https://www.511.nebraska.gov/