HELP JACK GIVE BACK/FLOOD RESOURCESUnited Way Events
United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County, 1400 KLIN, 10/11 News, and SCHEELS are partnering to support the flood relief efforts being provided by United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County agencies. From 9:30am-7pm on Wednesday, March 27, KLIN’s Jack Mitchell will maroon himself on the SCHEELS ferris wheel at SouthPointe Pavilions all day to raise donations. Here’s how you can help:
- Donate any amount by texting FLOODS to 40403 or at unitedwaylincoln.org, starting now!
- Visit SCHEELS at SouthPointe Pavilions between 9:30am and 7pm on Wednesday, March 27. Donate $25 at the event and ride the ferris wheel with Jack for 15 minutes.
- Listen in to 1400 KLIN as LNK Today Co-Host Jack Mitchell invites his celebrity friends to join him on the ferris wheel. You never know who will stop by to help Jack Give Back on the 27th!
- Help Jack Give Back by sharing the Facebook event!
Residents who need help with home cleanup, cutting trees, removing drywall, insulation, flooring, furniture and appliances or other physical labor-type jobs, can call the Crisis Clean Up hotline at 833-566-2476 to get on a needs list.
Resources Specifically for Farmers/Ranchers:
Nebraska Farm Bureau: Nebraska Farm Bureau Agriculture Disaster Exchange
Provides opportunity to support Nebraska farmers, ranchers and rural communities affected by the disasters
- Give money
- Sell or donate extra hay
- Forum for folks to ask for help (equipment, labor, etc.)
Nebraska Department of Agriculture:
- Multiple resources: http://www.nda.nebraska.gov/resources/index.html
- Hay and Forage Hotline: 402-471-4876 to connect buyers with sellers of hay, pasture, etc.
American Red Cross
Salvation Army of Omaha, Nebraska
https://www.registertoring.com/; search for Omaha, NE
(Ignore references about bell ringing; this is about volunteering for flood relief)
- Nebraska State Highway Patrol is available for motorists in need; dial *55 from any cell phone
- Dial 511 for up-to-date travel conditions and/or visit https://www.511.nebraska.gov/