Engage. Empower. Graduate. is a joint initiative undertaken by the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) and the Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) to support breakthrough opportunities in the McPhee Elementary School community. This targeted pilot initiative will fund multiple programs that empower families and students to strive for achievement and on-time graduation, which will set them up for long-term success.
To ensure families have the opportunity to thrive, the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) has chosen to focus its support on school readiness and family educational development. This funding will expand programs that ensure children have the basic skills they need to begin school, keep students on track, provide summer enrichment opportunities, and establish a Family Literacy program that will bring English language-learning parents alongside their children so they can help them succeed.
Levels of Giving
- Women’s Leadership Council Leaders: Gift of $2,500 directed to the WLC initiative
- Women’s Leadership Council Investors: Gift of $1,500 directed to the WLC initiative
- Women’s Leadership Council Supporters: Gift of $1,000 directed to the WLC initiative
- To view the Engage. Empower. Graduate Leadership brochure, please click here.
Benefits of Membership
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities
- Access to educational programming
- Opportunities to network with other women leaders
- Recognition on the United Way website and at the annual luncheon
- Invitations to special events
- A firsthand look at the difference women can make when they take action to help others in our community
How do I join the Women’s Leadership Council?
Becoming part of the Women’s Leadership Council is simple. All you have to do is make a contribution of $1,000, $1,500 or $2,500 to the WLC initiative. In order for your name to be added to the WLC membership list, you must designate your donation to the Women’s Leadership Council initiative on your giving form.