Title: Marketing Intern (non-exempt position)
Reports to: Director of Marketing and Special Events
As a small team-based organization, United Way employees are expected to work in a flexible environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every employee. All employees must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks that impact various areas of the organization. In addition, all employees interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way employees demonstrate professionalism in all their activities, exemplary interpersonal skills and the highest ethical standards.
As a marketing intern, you will collaborate with our marketing team in all stages of marketing campaigns. Your insightful contribution will help to develop and expand our reach within Lancaster County. We’re looking for a driven, ambitious individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Assist with implementation of strategic marketing plan
- Develop content for monthly newsletters
- Compose various appeal letters throughout the campaign year
- Manage all aspects of a yearly brand awareness survey
- Maintain event budgets and summary documentation
- Proof marketing materials and work with advertising agency and internal staff on changes
- Promote United Way’s impact work to local media
- Assist with website management
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written) required
- Proficient and knowledgeable in use of computers, including Microsoft Office applications, database management, Internet applications and basic office equipment
- Ability to function in a professional team environment
- Excellent customer relationship and project management skills
- Experience with social media
- Demonstrated ability to meet multiple deadlines, flexibility, and able to work in fast paced environment
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Additional duties as assigned
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position is open until filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County, 238 South 13th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 or email email@example.com.