Title: Communications Manager (exempt position)
Reports to: Senior Director of Marketing and Resource Development
Hours: 40 hours per week
As a team-based organization, United Way associates work in a flexible environment. Achieving the organization’s goals is the responsibility of every associate. To this point, employees must possess the ability to manage multiple tasks that impact various areas of the organization. In addition, all associates interface daily with donors and volunteers. It is critical that United Way employees demonstrate professionalism, exemplary interpersonal skills and the highest ethical standards.
The Communications Manager will promote the mission of United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County by leading all communication strategies of the organization.
- Promote UWLLC, communicating its mission and impact while enhancing its image among key constituent groups
- Ensure brand consistency in all UWLLC efforts
- Serve as primary point of contact for media and cultivate media relations
- Serve as primary author for internal and external communications, including editing and proofreading to ensure consistent organizational voice
- Provide communications/marketing support for events
- Serve as liaison to ad agency
- In coordination with Resource Development and Community Impact teams create a digital marketing strategy and implement through social, email and web channels
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with specific skill in copywriting
- Skilled in brand management
- Experience with tracking and monitoring systems
- Knowledge of digital and online systems and resources
- Excellent organizational skills, detailed and able to multi-task
- Strong collaborator
- Proficient in Microsoft and Adobe Creative Suite
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, advertising, journalism or related field. Five or more year of experience in marketing/communications. Nonprofit experience preferred.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Position is open until filled. Please submit cover letter and resume to Michelle Bring at United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County, 238 South 13th Street, Lincoln, NE 68508 or firstname.lastname@example.org.