Women in Philanthropy was created in 1999 to publicly recognize the impact women have on the economic viability and quality of life in our community. The council honors women who make annual Leadership Giving contributions to the United Way campaign.
To inspire, educate, and engage women in philanthropy, community service, advocacy, and mentoring in order to positively impact the lives of people in our community.
- Recognize women for the positive impact they make on the community.
- Encourage women to get involved in the United Way/Community Health Charities of Nebraska campaign.
- Educate women on critical issues in our community.
Levels of Giving
Women in Philanthropy is a significant opportunity for women to make an impact on the quality of life in Lincoln and Lancaster County through support of United Way. These are women who take an active role in making our community a better place to call home.
- Women Leaders in Philanthropy: Annual gift of $1,000 or more
- Women in Philanthropy: Annual gift of $500–$999
Benefits of Membership
- Opportunities to network with other women leaders
- Access to educational programs
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities
- The opportunity to work as an advocate for family issues
- Invitations to special events
- The satisfaction that comes with making a difference
- A firsthand look at the difference women can make when they take action to help others in our community