Emerging Leaders Council (ELC) is a new level of Leadership Giving designed to engage the next generation of community leaders committed to creating change in Lincoln and Lancaster County. Many individuals in their 20’s, 30’s, and 40’s are taking their first steps toward leading the local philanthropic movement, and their efforts will make a difference for years to come.
Engage. Empower. Graduate. is a joint initiative undertaking by the Women’s Leadership Council (WLC) and the Emerging Leaders Council (ELC). Together we’re identifying and addressing the disadvantages that children and families face in local elementary school communities to ensure children and their families, regardless of circumstances, have the opportunity to succeed in school and life through these key strategies:
Early Childhood Development
Goal: Preparing children for kindergarten.
Family Engagement and Support
Goal: Engaging parents with the school.
Goal: Teaching both parents and students English.
Mental Health and Family Support
Goal: Address behavioral and emotional barriers to learning through the support of a school-based therapist.
Extended Learning Opportunities
Goal: Enrichment outside of the classroom to enhance development opportunities and reduce summertime grade level loss.
Goal: Providing students with strong role models through mentoring relationships to foster educational engagement.
Goal: Reaching out to families in their homes to build safe environments and prevent child entrance into protective services.
Educate, engage, and empower the next generation of United Way supporters and leaders who aspire to make a positive difference in our community.
- Educate future donors on how dollars impact our community.
- Develop the next generation of philanthropists.
- Develop new programs to support the mission of United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County.
Levels of Giving
- Emerging Leaders Council Promoters: minimum annual gift of $500
- Emerging Leaders Council Supporters: minimum annual gift of $1,000
- Emerging Leaders Council Leaders: minimum annual gift of $2,500
Benefits of Membership
- Recognition as a member with your name and information in leadership registry
- Recognition on the United Way website
- Leadership events
- Hands-on volunteer opportunities