To join, complete an annual pledge form indicating where your gift should be directed. If your workplace does not hold a giving campaign, or if you have already given through your workplace and would like to designate your gift, please reach out to Todd Hall at 402.441.7213 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining.
To be a part of Women in Philanthropy, a woman must make an annual gift of $500 or more to the United Way campaign. To be a member of Women United, a woman must make a gift of at $500, $1,000, $1,500 or $2,500 directed to ENGAGE.EMPOWER.GRADUATE., which identifies and addresses the disadvantages that children and families face in local elementary school communities to ensure children and their families, regardless of circumstances, have the opportunity to succeed in school and life.
Leadership Giving is an annual gift of $500 or more to the United Way Fund. There are several organizations within Leadership Giving, including the Leadership Circle, Women in Philanthropy, the Women United, the Tocqueville Society, Emerging Leaders, and our Loyal Contributors.
You can get involved as a volunteer by contacting us at 402.441.7700 or email@example.com.
Yes. Community members can volunteer to serve on a United Way committee or can get involved in special volunteer events.
The United Way Foundation was created in 2005 to support the mission and programs of United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County. Gifts to the Foundation assist in covering overhead costs and ensure that dollars raised from donations to the United Way Fund can be used to support the needs of the community.
United Way and Combined Health Agencies Drive (CHAD-NE) have a contractual partnership in which CHAD-NE receives a guaranteed portion of the dollars raised through the annual campaign. This partnership allows us to utilize the United Way Fund on behalf of an expanded list of agencies throughout the community.
United Way Worldwide, based in Alexandria, Virginia, is the leadership and support organization for the network of nearly 1,300 community-based United Ways in 45 countries. United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County is a community-based 501(c)(3) organization.
In 2008, United Way selected our priority funding areas and transitioned to a two-year funding cycle. The funding cycle is zero-based, meaning agencies/programs are funded based on their ability to effectively address community issues rather than on a historical relationship. This allows United Way to be more responsive to emerging issues and partnerships. Agencies apply every two years for new funding.
The application process for the next funding cycle will open in January 2023 and remain open for 5-6 weeks.
We operate on a multi-year funding cycle. Agencies seeking United Way funding need to contact United Way, apply in the fall before the next funding cycle, and meet our requirements. Applicants must provide two years of program and financial data for a program that addresses one of United Way’s three focus areas.
No, donor designations are not considered when we make our recommendations. Funding amounts are determined based on the program’s ability to impact our key focus areas.
We use a “citizen review” process to consider applications and make funding recommendations to the United Way Board. United Way of Lincoln and Lancaster County has identified three priority funding areas that guide us in directing funding. These three focus areas, or pillars, are Education, Income and Health. Within each of these pillars, United Way supports programs within a variety of strategies that move our community forward in achieving the goals we have identified for that area.
There are several ways to give to United Way. Often, a gift made through your employer via payroll deduction is the most convenient method. We also accept cash, check, or credit card donations as well. Or you can give online.
Only 14 percent of your donation is used to cover United Way’s overhead costs. The rest—86 percent—directly supports the creation of change in our community.
The United Way Fund is a pool of undesignated (the giver has not specified a particular agency as the recipient) funds that allows United Way to distribute dollars to address the community’s most pressing needs. By giving to the Fund, you’re ensuring that your gift will be used where it can make the biggest impact.
238 S. 13th StreetLincoln, NE 68508-2004